Poetry in Plain Sight
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
POETRY IN PLAIN SIGHT
Poetry in Plain Sight, a Winston Salem Writers initiative in
collaboration with North Carolina Poetry Society, features North
Carolina poets and their poetry in street-visible locations.
Submission deadline has been extended to January 7, 2018. Four
poems will be featured each month in Winston-Salem and
associated cities, including New Bern and Waynesville, beginning
Poems are specially formatted onto posters and placed in arts
districts and downtown areas. Poets will be notified on or before
February 1, 2018 and if chosen, will receive a complimentary copy
of their poem and be invited to read at Poetry in Plain Sight, Live!
Because poems are formatted specifically for public viewing, the following size limitations apply:
- no longer than 20 lines, including space breaks
- line length not to exceed 4-1/2 inches, 12-point type
- You must be a current resident of North Carolina.
- Format 1-3 poems into one document, doc or docx file type.
- Your name may appear on the document.
- Enter as many times as you wish, but only 1-3 poems per entry. Entries with more than three poems will be disqualified.
- Previously published poems are acceptable. If from a book, include book title, publisher and year published in the cover sheet.
- Cover sheet should include poem titles, name, mailing address, phone, email address and a brief bio.