Poetry in Plain Sight
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
POETRY IN PLAIN SIGHT
Poetry in Plain Sight, a Winston Salem Writers initiative in collaboration with North Carolina Poetry Society, features North Carolina poets and their poetry in street-visible locations.
Submissions open November 1, 2018 through January 7, 2019. Four poems will be featured each month in Winston-Salem and associated cities, including New Bern beginning March 2019.
Poets will be notified on or before February 7, 2019 and if chosen, will receive a complimentary copy of their poem and be invited to read at a Poetry in Plain Sight, Live! event.
Poems are specially formatted onto posters and placed in arts districts and downtown areas.
Because poems are formatted specifically for public viewing, the following size limitations apply:
- no longer than 20 lines, including space breaks
- line length not to exceed 4-1/2 inches, 12-point type
- poems that have "breathing room" in their structure present the best. Dense blocks of text do not.
- You must be a current resident of North Carolina.
- Format 1-3 poems into one document, doc or docx file type.
- Your name may appear on the document.
- Enter as many times as you wish, but only 1-3 poems per entry. Entries with more than three poems will be disqualified.
- Previously published poems are acceptable. If from a book, include book title, publisher and year published in the cover sheet.
- Cover sheet should include poem titles, name, mailing address, phone, email address and a brief bio.